Monday, April 15, 2013

Turkey Veggie Soup


I love soup!  I decided that Sunday would be a perfect day to make a soup.  I didn't want to look up recipes, so I came up with this on my own.  It ended up being a hit!  I served it with hot Italian herb bread. 



Turkey Veggie Soup

1 lb ground turkey, browned
1 onion, chopped
2 large potatoes, chopped
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 can crushed or diced tomatoes
1 can green beans, drained
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp oregano
1 cup carrots


Brown turkey with chopped onion in large soup pan.  Add all other ingredients, plus salt and pepper.  Cook until potatoes are cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes.  Can cook in crock pot as well on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment