Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sauteed Spinach

Growing up, I was the only kid at my house that loved spinach.  My brothers and sister used to pay me to eat it when my Mom wasn't looking.  Little did they know, they were the ones missing out!  As my sister got older, she started eating it in salads and soup, but never really had it sauteed.  Well, I had a about a half of bag left in the fridge and decided to try something different. This would have been even better with mushrooms, bacon and a little feta cheese, however, I didn't have any in my fridge!  I couldn't believe how much the spinach shrunk down, so next time I will make a whole bag for the two of us to share.



Sauteed Spinach
1 bag of Spinach
1/2 Red Onion, sliced
1 Tb Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinegar

Heat Olive Oil in pan and onions and garlic.  Saute until tender.  Add Spinach and salt & pepper.  Stir and watch spinach until it is all sauteed and wilted down.  This only takes about 2-3 minutes.  Drizzle with little balsamic vinegar before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment