Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Panko Chicken

I saw a commercial the other day for fried chicken.  This is something I love, but do not eat very often.  My sister suggested that we by some shake and bake and make it.  I was against that!  Why have shake and bake when you can make your own?  She was a bit hesitant because she remembers loving that stuff as kids.  With her being so against meat, I almost bought it.   I kept hearing about panko breadcrumbs being so much better than regular breadcrumbs.  I found them at the store and they were on sale, so I decided to take the plunge.  I have not been disappointed.  They are so light and fluffy, but toast up nicely.  Well, I am glad we didn't buy them, because the recipe I threw together was so much better and she loved it!



Panko Chicken
2 Chicken Breast, cust in half and then pounded thin
1-2 tb Olive Oil
1/2 c Panko Breadcrumbs
4 tsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
Morton's Natures Seasoning

Pound chicken to desired thickness.  Coat baking dish with oil olive.  Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning salt and place in dish.  Sprinkle tops of chicken with panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.  Drizzle chicken with remaining olive oil.  Cook on 350 for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment