Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Turkey Meatballs

One of my favorite Italian dishes is Spaghetti and Meatballs.  I have always wanted to make it at home, but my sister doesn't like hamburger.  I stumbled across a recipe for Chicken meatballs and adapted it for Turkey.  The reason for that is my grocery store doesn't carry ground chicken regularly.  Or if they do, it is gone by the time I get there on Saturday night.  These are moist and very flavorful.  I love to make these in big batches and freeze them.  They last about 3 months in the freezer.



Turkey Meatballs
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 Egg
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh Oregano, chopped (substitute 1 tsp dried Oregano)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper

Place all items in bowl and mix with hands.  Shape into 1 inch balls.  I use my small cookie scoop to do this and it works perfectly.    Place meatballs on lined baking sheet.  Cook at 375 for 20 minutes.  Add to spaghetti sauce and serve over noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment