Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tofu Stir-Fry

I love Chinese food and stir-fry is one of my favorite meals.  I can’t get enough of it!  My sister isn't a big fan of any type of meat, so I decided to switch out the chicken and try Tofu.  To my surprise, we actually loved it.  Tofu is very mild and will take on flavor very easily.  I love to serve it over brown rice, but recently tried brown rice noodles.  It was a nice change and very delicious!  I can’t wait to make it again. 



Tofu Stir-Fry

1 Pkg Firm Tofu
1 Head of Cabbage
1 cup chopped Celery
1 cup chopped Carrots
2 bunches Broccoli
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic
1 can Water Chestnuts
1 Tb Vegetable Oil
1 Tb Sesame Oil
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1 cup Water with 1 tsp. Chicken Bouillon

Sauce
3 Tb Cornstarch
4 Tb Soy Sauce
3 tsp Sugar


Remove Tofu from package and wrap in paper towels to dry.  Heat Vegetable Oil in pan and add diced Tofu.  Add Soy Sauce and cook Tofu until it starts to brown, then remove from pan.  Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.  Then add all of the veggies into pan.  Add water with bouillon and a little Soy Sauce and cover with lid to cook.  Stir about every 10 minutes, until veggies are tender.  Add Tofu back into pan and pour sauce in.  Cook until sauce thickens.   Serve or Rice or Rice Noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment